Thanks for committing time to seek the Lord. Please find a place that inspires you and plan to spend time in solitude. Just you, the Holy Spirit, a Bible, and a journal. If you take your computer commit yourself to no surfing and no work. The goal is to hear from God.
Please read Matthew 16:13-20.
Jesus asked His disciples “Who do you say that I am?” And then He said to Simon, “You are…” and He described what kind of person Peter would be and how he would function in the Kingdom.
Jesus cares about who we think He is. And He cares about who we think we are. He also wants us to have direction, guidance, and a clear sense of calling. We are the church, the called out. Who we are and what He calls us to transcends the circumstances we find ourselves in. It’s also important we keep the boundaries in the right place.
As you spend time with Him please start a saved document entitled “Listening.Yr.Mo.Da.Location”. Please ask Him these questions and then listen… just a Bible, a journal, and quiet…
- Who are You, Lord? -Mt 16:15-17
- Which of Your attributes are important to me currently?
- Who am I, Lord? -Mt 16:18
- Who have You created me to be?
- What kind of son or daughter do YOU intend me to be? Our understanding of who He is will determine much of who He wants us to be as His sons and daugthers.
- What kind of spouse do You want me to be?
- What kind of parent do you want me to be?
- What kind of professional do you want me to be?
- What am I to do, Lord? Where are we going? Mt 16:19
- What are the boundaries, Lord? -Mt 16:20